When dismantling ink cartridges and toners, a cleaning phase is necessary to remove residue. Cleaning is carried out using an aqueous solution mixing cleaning product and reverse osmosis water. These water cleaning phases generate a daily volume of wastewater of around 3m3. This wastewater mainly contains ink pigments, heavy metals and has a Chemical Oxygen Demand - COD higher than required for a discharge in accordance with the wastewater treatment plant.
A player in the global compatible printing consumables market consults the NISKAE’S team to find a solution for the treatment of its washing water polluted with ink pigments. To do so, our Customer decided to adopt the fully automated SW500 water treatment unit corresponding to specific requirements. It can treat a volume of wastewater of 2,500 L to 3,000 L each day, with a minimal treatment time of around 10 to 15 minutes.
A large volume of wastewater containing ink pigments and heavy metals must be treated
Preliminary analyzes in order to obtain the best formulation of coagulant-flocculant specific to our Customer’s needs
A first representative sample of the washing water was analyzed in the laboratory by our NISKAE experts. Following analyzes and several coagulation and flocculation tests, our laboratory is developing a specific formulation for a powdery product with a low impact on the pH value.
NISKAE offers the installation of a SW500 micro-station suitable for their industrial use
Thanks to its laboratory analyzes and considering the type of effluents and the volumes generated daily, the NISKAE team proposes the installation of a SW500 cleaning water treatment plant. This VSAT operates automatically and can treat a volume of wastewater of 2,500 to 3,000 L per 8-hour workstation. The time to complete a treatment batch is of the order of 10 to 15 minutes and does not require the permanent presence of an operator.
- 2 200 L wastewater collection tanks;
- 1 wastewater tank with a capacity of 2000 L. This tank is equipped with a pneumatic pump and an agitator to limit the settling phenomenon and ensure proper homogenization of the water before treatment. The level control is ensured by an ultrasonic sensor;
- 1 SW500 SMAX water treatment reactor with automatic operation including a powder doser. The station is controlled using a touch screen on the front of the electrical control panel;
- 2 BIGBAG filtration boxes ensure the storage and dehydration of the sludge resulting from the treatment by flocculation;
- 1 Activated carbon filter with a capacity of 1000 L secures the discharge to the pipeline and absorbs the coloring and smoothes the COD value.
A reliable solution meeting economic and environmental needs
The NISKAE water treatment station, autonomous and reliable, allows us to meet our Customer’s request. The treatment of cleaning water from recycling ink and toner cartridges can now be done with an innovative and environmentally friendly NISKAE micro-station. By drastically reducing the storage and transport of wastewater, significant savings are made. This investment is just as beneficial for the company as it is for the environment.